4.0

2004 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Sorento:

2004 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Jan 032005

Sorento LX V8 4wd

The check engine light has been off and on since I bought the car new. I have taken it to a dealer 5 times and, this month alone, spent $2000.00 for repairs. I have been told it doesn't mean anything since buying the car. When it didn't pass inspection (emissions) last month, I was told it does mean something but not covered under warranty. The light is still on. The car has 24,000 miles on it now. I am so frustrated at this point I don't know where to turn. I do feel that I am being taken advantage of because I am a 64 year old woman. I should mention, too, that I do have an extended warranty on the car (10 yrs, 100,000 miles).

- , Seattle, WA, USA