2004 Kia Sorento suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Sorento:

2004 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Mar 152016

This is ridiculous that such a nice car is having this kind of problem. I have been to the dealer with it for an estimate for repairs ( Ourisman Kia, Chantilly VA) William Sease told me he would e-mail estimate with prices.

I have received no e-mails.

I have talked to Jennifer G. at Kia USA. She said she would talk to Ourisman and call me back. So far NO CONTACT.

It really is a nice car on the top. Someone will soon be killed when this part breaks on a highway.

- , Fairfax, VA, USA

Jun 092014

Sorento LX 3.5L V6

I called the Kia dealer and was told I would have to get a rear from a junk yard or take it to a good fabricating shop to fix the problem. This issue was found on June 9th but must have been a problem for months because it is completely rusted through and in two pieces on the drivers side and starting to rust on the passenger side.

If this is a known problem, I don't understand how this can still be an unanswered issue by Kia. I have read many complaints online and apparently this is an issue with other Kia models as well. I bought my car brand new, know where it has been and how it has been driven, I do not feel this is a problem that I caused and I should not be responsible to repair because of a design flaw.

- , Bensalem, PA, USA

Oct 022013

Sorento LX 3.2L V6

click to see larger images

rear control arm brackets rusted off

2004 KIA Sorento. The same problem most other owners of the same vehicle are having. How can such an obvious flaw which turns into a situation where owners can no longer drive their cars and the manufacturer provides no way to fix the problem which causes people to just have to abandon their cars be allowed to exist and nobody is doing ANYTHING about it? It's criminal.

There's a recall on Kia Rio's for this same exact problem. It's either a recall or a Lawsuit due to the control arm brackets rusting and breaking off. Why not include the Sorento since it's the same problem that we are having as well? I posted a picture of the problem in case you guys are wondering or someone wants proof. It may look like the bracket is still on one piece but I can assure you that it is separated all the way through. Was told I'd have to purchase a whole new rear end to fix it, yet, Kia doesn't sell them any more. Just great!

If anyone knows how I can try to get some sort of compensation for this, please tell me as I don't know where to start. Thanks!

- , Hamburg, NJ, USA