2006 Kia Sorento lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Sorento:

2006 Kia Sorento Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 012011

Sorento 6-cyl

My 2006 Kia Sorento has 96000 miles on it and it seems that the head light or electrical system has a short in it. The head light will go off but you if you tap the head light assembly it will come back on as if there is a short in the electrical system. Also, the dome light will come on if you turn it to the on position but if you put it on the door position it does not come on when the door is open. Again that would be a failure in the electrical system. The Kia will not start after replacing a headlight bulb. I know that sounds like they are not related but the head light went out so I replaced it and then I wouldn't start right after changing the light.

- Quitman, AR, USA

Jul 252007

I have had to replace at least a head light and/or tail light about once every three months since I bought my vehicle. It seems like there is a short somewhere but none to be found; please help!

- Federal Heights, CO, USA

Sep 082008

All my lights both internal & external are burning out every few months. And I've had to replace my battery times also. My headlights are replaced every 4-5 months now, first starting out every year has now dropped to months. The battery lasts from 10-13 months before having to be replaced. Now parking & brake lights are burning out at a rate of about every 6 months. Called my local Kia service rep and he says my dash and console would have to be ripped out to repair, and of course it is no longer covered under warranty.also my interior lights on dash, console and inside on the header no longer work. Have checked all fuses and can find nothing unusual.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jul 062011

Sorento 6-cyl

The head and tail lights have to be replaced on a regular basis. I have replaced all 4 lights at least 6 - 10 times each, since buying the 2006 Sorento brand new. And it is my understanding from numerous others that this is a norm with this make and model car. You can replace one light and it will be okay for awhile, but then another one will go out, I have asked the mechanic if this is normal, seeing I have not replaced the lights in my 1996 Chevy a fraction of the times I have the Sorento. The replay was, no this is not normal that their must be an electrical problem somewhere in the system. I also have problems with the cruise control feature. It will not resume, or accelerate. The other two buttons work as designed.

- Temperance, MI, USA

Dec 012007

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sorento. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the headlights would flicker and he constantly had to replace the light bulbs. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who did not provide an actual diagnosis as to what was causing the failure and advised the contact to only use the light bulbs sold by the manufacturer, not aftermarket products. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 110,000.

- Lebanon , KY, USA

Jun 032011

I purchased a 2006 Kia Sorento back in February 2011. Since I have purchased the vehicle I have replaced the headlights. 3 times. Every failure occurred on interstate 64. I have taken the vehicle to have them changed where they have not touched the lamps and have completed a proper install. It appears that for a second the vehicle has no power and the headlights flash off then on. The headlights going on then back on is a regular occurrence. The last occurrence yesterday 6/3/2011 happened about 2 am while driving through daniel boone national forest and made the vehicle un-drivable until daytime hours when it could be safely driven to a shop for the headlights to be replaced again and left my family stranded on the side of the road unable to see to drive home for approximately some 45 miles from our home.

- Huntington, WV, USA

Jan 202011

Sorento 4WD 6-cyl

Had the car 2 years and have to replace the headlight bulbs 3 times. Replaced within last 5 months and now are out again.

- Inver Grove Hieghts, MN, USA

May 252011

Sorento 6-cyl

Headlights (low beam), tail lights keep burning out every two to three months consistently. Always have to replace which is not only expensive but a danger to myself and other drivers. Car is a 2006 Kia Sorento ex.

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 182010

Exterior lights need to be replaced often, also dome light inside vehicle.

- Troutville, VA, USA

May 022011

When I turn on my headlights, my interior lights stay on and will not turn off. I have had to take out the fuse to fix this problem with my interior lights staying on. It happened suddenly and I cannot seem to get it resolved.

- Clover, VA, USA

Mar 012011

Headlights blowing all the time. Also the windshield wipers have lost there park position and when they are turned off they stop in front of the drivers line of sight and makes it very difficult to see what is going on around you while driving. I have talked to several people that have the same make and model and year as mine and they are having the same problems.

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

Apr 062011

Sorento 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Kia Sorento. I have had to replace the battery twice (so including the original it has gone through 3 batteries since 06), I have had (and continue) to replace the bulbs in the headlights and brake lights. The dome light has ceased to work as well. I have been made aware that I am not alone in this problem but Kia is not interested in doing anything about it. This is a safety issue. This last time, I drove to my destination and all was well, then when I came out to drive home..poof, the driver low beam was out. Any help will be appreciated.

- St. Cloud, FL, USA

Jul 012008

2006 Kia Sorento. I bought this vehicle new in 2006. I have replaced several headlights, taillights, turn lights, ect. My dome light is now broken and wont turn on when I open the doors. Most importantly the drivers side seat motor has now went out. After calling the dealership they advised me that its about $1,300 to fix!!!!!!! my 4-wheel drive goes in O.K. but I have to play with it to get it out. This vehicle has never had water damage or been rode hard. Yet still problem after problem!!!!!!!

- Farmersburg, IN, USA

Mar 092009

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sorento. The contact was driving 30 mph when the headlights overheated and failed. The contact stated that the bulbs would have to be replaced every three to six months. The contact did not take the vehicle to a dealer or a local mechanic for diagnosis or repairs. The failure mileage was 30,000. Updated 03/24/11

- Kunkletown, PA, USA

Jan 232011

Sorento 6-cyl

Our 2006 Kia Sorento burns out all lights on this car. I have change the headlights at least 10 times this year alone. We keep extra brakelights in the car because they go out at least every 3 weeks. I will burn this car in the middle of the street! something must be done. I have seen over 1000 complaints on this same model for the last 6 years.

- Winder, GA, USA

Mar 252006

I have had to replace the headlight bulbs 5 times and tail light bulbs 4 times. The 2006 Kia Sorento was purchased new. This is not normal. An electrical problem is evident. I do a great deal of driving at night and there is a safety issue with the head lights and tail lights not being dependable. Not to mention the fact that getting pulled over by law officers due to this problem is a huge inconvenience.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Dec 012006

I replace the headlights and fog lights at least every 3-6 months, I've even replace parking lights and tail lights. I bought my 2006 Kia brand new and every year since, its the same thing... Kia really needs to address this, as these Sorentos can run forever but if we can't see where we are going, that's a problem.

- Marysville, WA, USA

Jan 062011

I have replaced both front headlamps and rear brake lamps. The rear lamps have had to be replaced several times. There is definately a defect, as lamps should last more than a few thousand miles.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Nov 012010

Have replaced headlight bulbs 6 times, replaced brake lights 3 times, the dome light had complications with coming on when opening doors, license plate lite is out as we speak, also the lock on rear left makes a strange buzzing noise when you engage locks, car has a lot of electrical issues going on.

- Miamisburg, OH, USA

May 132010

This 2006 Kia Sorento has other electrical issues other than just the brake switch. We are constantly replacing the bulbs in the headlights, tail lights, brake lights and parking lights. This is become a complete pain in the neck. I feel it is a safety issue since how my lights go out for no apparent reason. We have also noticed that during the day when we are not using the dash lights that when we apply the brakes the dash lights come on and so do the parking lights. The fact that I drive around without knowing when my lights are blown or not can create a terrible accident. Please look into this further.

- Belton, MO, USA