2007 Kia Sorento body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Sorento:

2007 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Jun 232015

Sorento

Each door handle is popping and I'm unable to open doors from the outside. The rear passenger door has stopped working and at the time the child lock was on and I can no longer use that door at all. The seatbelt on the rear driver's side will not buckle into the socket and my child has to wrap the belt around him when he rides in the back. Should an accident occur, not only will he not be fully covered by his safety seat, but if we should have to escape suddenly, neither of us can just open our doors and get out! this is an ongoing issue and it's quite expensive to get fixed at the dealer. Also, just recently while driving the gear shaft popped out of place and my father taped it back on so that I'm able to get back and forth to work and school.

- St Matthews, SC, USA

Aug 042015

Sorento

When trying to open the drivers door, there was a loud pop and the door was unable to be opened from the outside. This is a major issue in the event of an emergency or an accident. I've gone to the Kia dealer and they are quoting an outrageous amount just to take a look at the issue. This is inconvenient while I travel to and from work, as I have to climb through the passenger side in order to get in the car! the problem initially began December of 2014, and my father had to leave a stick or a wired hanger on the floor boards so that when entering the vehicle I would lean in through either the passenger or rear drivers door to open the driver door. On 8/4/15, the door has stopped working completely. This is obviously a manufacturing issue as the same thing has happened to the rear passenger door as well. I haven't found an independent repair person that can actually fix this issue and it's something that needs attention asap!

- St Matthews, SC, USA

Aug 072014

Sorento

My daughter was on her way to work, she was coming to a stop at the end of the road and had no brakes and she continued on across the road went up the bank across the road and when she reached the top it began sliding down and ended up laying on the passenger side. Thankfully she was not hurt to bad. I have had the car checked out, replaced the windshield and passenger door window and mirror. The mechanic replaced the master cylinder, and still had no breaks, come to find out after calling Kia they said it was the (hecu) unit.they are saying it will cost around $1500 to replace this.I have never heard of nothing more ridiculous. The car is still drivable. The passenger side doors are bent-up some, but they open and close just fine don't look good but its still drivable. I think Kia should replace this (hecu) because its a factory defect.

- Boonville, NC, USA

Nov 012012

Sorento 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Kia Sorento. The contact stated that when trying to open the driver's side rear passenger door, the handle fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. After diagnosis, they advised her that the door handle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. Approximately three months later, the other three door handles failed. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 85,000. The current mileage was approximately 91,000.

- Live Oak, FL, USA