8.9

2007 Kia Sorento steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Sorento:

2007 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Jun 232015

Sorento

Each door handle is popping and I'm unable to open doors from the outside. The rear passenger door has stopped working and at the time the child lock was on and I can no longer use that door at all. The seatbelt on the rear driver's side will not buckle into the socket and my child has to wrap the belt around him when he rides in the back. Should an accident occur, not only will he not be fully covered by his safety seat, but if we should have to escape suddenly, neither of us can just open our doors and get out! this is an ongoing issue and it's quite expensive to get fixed at the dealer. Also, just recently while driving the gear shaft popped out of place and my father taped it back on so that I'm able to get back and forth to work and school.

- St Matthews, SC, USA

Sep 012007

Sorento 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Kia Sorento. When the steering wheel was turned, the contact heard a popping noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. The dealer aligned the front end of the vehicle and repaired a casting cam underneath the front end; however, the failure still persists. The failure mileage was 5,000 and current mileage was 10,100.

- Forest City, NC, USA