2011 Kia Sorento accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Sorento:

2011 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Jan 132013

Sorento 6-cyl

I was drive eastbound on I-70 in Colorado in the mountains near the eisenhower tunnel at 2:40pm. There was no one in front of me on the road. Traffic was light. It was approximately 5 degrees F. I heard a loud bang and pulled over. I got out of the car. The front sunroof on my Kia Sorento exploded outward. Glass was pointing upwards. Nothing hit my car. It just happened. Glass was in a million little pieces. Luckily the inside shade was closed, otherwise glass would have fallen all over me and my son (in the back seat). I cleaned up the glass as best as I could. We called Kia roadside assistance, but ended up driving to the next town and getting some cardboard to temporarily keep the wind out, and drove home. We are waiting to see if Kia will cover it under warranty.

- Parker, CO, USA