2011 Kia Sorento body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Sorento:

2011 Kia Sorento Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Apr 082016

All power doors are unlocked, but front driver side door can not be opened from outside. It can be opened from inside. Door handle, door latch and actuator seems working ok. It is a safety concern as door cannot be opened from outside even as doors are unclocked.

- Katy, TX, USA

Mar 182016

Two of the exterior handles do not work anymore. They will open from the inside but not the outside. If the child safety locks had been on at the time the handles stopped working the doors would not be able to open at all. These handles stopped working at different times with no warnings. This is a very serious safety hazard for my family - I have a 4 year old with autism.

- Kingsland, GA, USA

Aug 152015

2011 Kia Sorento, none of my doors will open this is a safety hazard in the event of an emergency rescue would be difficult. This vehicle needs to be recalled for the door handle defects. Also I went to open the back door and the handle fell off in my hand. Cannot roll the windows up when parked or you will lose access to the car you have to put your arm in and open from the inside.

- Frazier Park, CA, USA

Mar 252016

Driver side door simply would not open from outside the vehicle one day. No accident or other impact was the cause, so clearly this is a defect of the vehicle. Internet search indicates this has happened to many owners and is a clear safety issue. This vehicle has only been on the road for 5 years and 5 months and has 77,000 miles. Df door latch assembly had to be replaced at cost of $450. Would like to see this investigated based on the number of instances and the fear that this will happen and prevent someone from being rescued from outside the vehicle in a worst case scenario.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jan 012016

From january1, 2016 to March 20, 2016 two doors (driver and driver side passenger) have quit opening from the outside.

- Bogart, GA, USA

Feb 152016

My passenger door will not open from the outside. It will open from the inside. The rest of the doors work just fine. This is an safety issue.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Mar 202016

About 1 month ago, Jan/Feb of 2016 the passenger side front door handle just stopped working, as far as opening the door from the outside is concerned. The same exact thing just happened today, March 20, 2016, to the driver's side front door. Both outside latches are inoperable. The first incident happened in my driveway, the second happened in the parking lot of our church. I am married with 7 kids, 5 of whom drive, and have never, never, had a door latch break on the many vehicles owned over time. This is not a coincidence, this is an item that has to be recalled. The vehicle is nice, but with recalls or problems to the shift lever, air bags, rear rotors, etc., etc..., why isn't the NHTSA taking a closer look at all the short cuts and/or dysfunctional parts Kia is using to get their car to market quicker. We are the car's 2nd owner, so Kia will not even honor it under the 7year/100,000 mile warranty. Our vehicle is not quite 5 years old with approx. 90,000 miles.

- New Kensington, PA, USA

Dec 232015

Car was parked in my garage. Back drivers side door just stopped working. Wont open from the inside or out. No damage or excessive use. You can hear the lock clicking when you hit the auto button on the front door, but it will not open. Kia company states it will not repair because we are 2 months over the 5 year/60000 mile warranty. Its a safety issue and they want $1100 to repair.

- Jefferson Hills, PA, USA

Mar 012016

2/21/16 my driver side door would not open regardless of unlock with alarm or with the key. I can only open from the inside which the only way to get in I have to climb over from the passenger side to get in. Yesterday the passenger side started to do the same. So now I have to go through the back side. I called the dealership I'm not under warranty. I had to go there 2/19 for another issue and it happen to be another lady there and her issue was guess what her doors. I didn't hear the whole conversation but called the dealership yesterday and told them my problem he stated there was a lady last week with same issue. It cost her $350 per door!! I think that is over the top and I shouldn't have to pay that much this should be a recall issue(im not the only one this is happening too)!!! I don't know when I will be able to get it fix. I guess ill be climbing over my seats for awhile and pray the 2 other doors don't lock up. My first and last Kia......

- Nashville, TN, USA

Feb 202016

2011 Kia sorrent - I've had to replace the driver side-outside door handle (approx last 6 months), driver side back door outside handle (replaced 12/2015 now broke again 2/16), and now the back passenger door will not open from inside. I am very concerned about life safety. Bad situation if something tragic happens and the doors won't open or can't be opened.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Aug 132015

2011 Kia Sorento rear driver side door failed to open. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the door actuator needed to be replaced. Did not fix. This is a Kia problem. It can be a really bad situation if I can't get to my children in the back because my door will not open. The panel on the door also sticks. There are so many complaints about this Kia needs to fix the problem.

- Cleveland, TX, USA

Feb 092016

Driver door only able to open from within vehicle. Will not open from outside. Had been working fine. No bad weather. Simply stopped working and will not open. Have noticed similar complaints online for same vehicle.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Jan 062016

Door locks will not open front doors. Driving snow and rain, I have to get in the back seat climb over to open front doors. The key does not work either. I find it hard to feel safe in this vehicle if I get into an accident you can not open door from outside. When this happened two children in car safety locks on., close my door to assist them out can't get back into vehicle. Remote will not activate locks key will not open front doors so I can get in. Had to climb in rear hatch.

- Quincy, MA, USA

Jan 182016

The supports holding the trunk lid open no longer hold the lid open. Rather allow the trunk lid to fall causing a dangerous potential threat of the trunk lid falling on my head!

- Horseshoe Bend, AR, USA

Dec 222015

Front passenger door can not be opened from the outside. Repaired once and within a week disabled again.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Dec 212015

After experiencing issues with the shifter assembly not properly locking and unlocking my doors and I was not able to take the car out of park. I had to literally turn off the ignition multiple times and after about 5-10 attempts the car would lock the door and go into park. However, I have now been experiencing issues with the driver side door not unlocking from the outside and the interior door handle is also literally cutting my hand and not properly opening the door from the inside. I took the car to the dealership and they replaced the SC124 shift assembly due to the federal recall for this part. They also informed me that there was a recall on SA203 interior door handle. But they wanted to charge me $384.92 to repair the door lock.. (81310-2P000) $209.70 part cost / and $126.88 labor.. this is absolutely absurd.. the problem is a direct result of the broken, malfunctioning shifter assembly and any associated repairs should be covered as well by the dealership. This is absolutely absurd that as a consumer I should be held financially liable for repair costs caused by a mechanical failure that obviously broke several other parts. Not being able to properly enter and exit my vehicle is a safely issue. I could very easily get locked into this car if this issue is not properly repaired as the door locking mechanism is directly connected to the electronic shifting assembly. How and why should I have to be inconvenienced or placed in danger because a manufacturer chooses to pick and chose which parts it chooses to repair as a result of their poorly manufactured defective parts.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 182015

The front driver's side door fails to open from the outside, it works from the inside. I was out running errands, just got car washed then went into a store. I came back out and door would no longer open from the outside door handle. The weather temps were above normal about 60 degrees. I had to crawl thru from passenger side to pull door handle to open door.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Dec 012015

The contact owns a 2011 Kia sorrento. The contact stated that while in the park position, the driver and the rear driver side doors failed to open. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the lock mechanism needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacture was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 97,000.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Dec 062015

On Sunday December 6th 2010 at approximately 10:00, I was traveling in my 2011 Kia Sorento ex. It is equipped with 2 panoramic sunroofs one in the front and one in the rear. The front sunroof is only mechanically functional roof. While traveling down the interstate at approximately 70 mph I heard a loud explosion and had a few shards of glass blowing into the passenger compartment. At the time of the incident the sunroof was completely closed and the sunshade was pulled forward. This prevented me from being injured by the glass. I pulled to the side of the interstate to assess the damage. Damage assessment: The majority of the front sunroofs glass was missing from the middle.there was an approximate 2 inch strip of glass that was buckled upward still attached to the mounting rail on the drivers side. One the passenger side there was a longer piece still attached. It was triangular in its shape coming to a point that was approximately 9-10 inches moving towards the center of the vehicle. It too was buckle upwards towards the sky. There were scratches to the rear panoramic sunroof. The satellite radio antenna was missing. The rear spoiler had hundreds of scratches on it with glass shards impelled in it. There was minimal glass in the front interior and a few shards found in the rear as well. I was returning home from work on this morning. I work as a flight paramedic and in my job we have to continuously monitor the weather in our area out to a 90 mile circle from our base. Conditions during the day. The sky was clear and sunny. The temperature was in the mid 50's. winds were calm. Traffic was very light on the highway. I did not have anyone in front or behind my vehicle at the time of the incident. There were no over hanging limbs from trees. In addition conditions the prior evening and night were clear, with temperatures only dropping into the lower 40's.

- Brandon, MS, USA

Nov 192015

The drivers side door will not open from the outside. The door opens from the inside and the exterior door handle appears fine but the door will not open.

- Silver Creek, NY, USA