2012 Kia Sorento accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Sorento:

2012 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Aug 312015

Camera malfunctioning. Originally took vehicle in with camera problems in 09/2013. Service check could not duplicate problem. Said everything was fine. Have had same issues with camera working and not working off and on. Took in for service again for same issue with camera. Told at first by service tech. Our warranty was expired on item. Mileage on vehicle is 60,550. Informed them we purchased extended warranty. Had to go home and bring in proof of warranty to service dept. Which I did then was told I had to take it to dealer where I purchased it. For replacement part. Matt castrussi in dayton, Ohio (dealership closest to where I live) would not replace part. Had to take it to Kia of dayton, Ohio for replacement part.

- Waynesville, OH, USA

Apr 132015

Sorento 6-cyl

Driving on a two lane state highway in Minnesota (hwy 55) on a sunny, 60 degree day, I heard an explosion on the sun roof directly over my head. As I glanced in my rear view mirror, I noticed the vehicle behind me slowing down and debris flying toward that car. There was cracking and the sounds of debris hitting my car, luckily the interior cover was on so the glass did not get inside my vehicle. I pulled over as soon as I could and found the sun roof glass entirely shattered, many pieces having blown off and some hanging on to the side rails. I don't recall hearing any rock or object hitting the sun roof before the explosion so am wondering if the glass was faulty.

- Annandale, MN, USA

Jan 042015

Sorento 6-cyl

Driving West on interstate 70 in Colorado an hour West of denver. The rear sunroof shattered into hundreds of pieces for no apparent reason. No injuries. Car traveling about 55mph.

- Cape Girardeau, MO, USA

Aug 282014

Sorento 6-cyl

My wife and I were driving on I-85 North outside of durham, nc. There were no cars around or in front of us for at least 1/4 mile. There was a loud bang and then wind noise. The sunroof had exploded for no reason.

- York, SC, USA

Jun 222012

The contact owns a 2012 Kia sorrento. The contact stated that while driving 75 mph, the sun roof exploded. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that a rock hit the glass and caused it to explode and that it needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 16,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Micaville, NC, USA

Dec 122013

The contact owns a 2012 Kia Sorento. The contact stated that the panoramic moon roof became shattered while driving approximately 65 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for the replacement of the moon roof. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jul 242013

Sorento 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Kia Sorento. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the sunroof exploded. The contact stated that nothing hit the glass to cause it to fracture. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that they could not diagnose the cause of failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 24,000. The vine was unavailable. Updated 01/08/14 the consumer suffered a cut from the glass. Updated 01/09/14

- Weymouth, MA, USA