- December 23: Kia Recalls Sportage and Sorento to Fix Trailer Brake Lights recalls | 26 days ago
- November 22: Kia Recalls Sportage SUVs After 9 Engine Fire Complaints recalls | 57 days ago
- November 9: Kia Sorento Recalled Due to Reckless Robot recalls | 70 days ago
- November 1: Report: Hyundai Engineer Squeals About Theta II Engine news | 78 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai and Kia Pay $41.2 Million Over Fuel Economy Ratings news | 80 days ago
2012 Kia Sorento
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Kia Sorento
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Kia Sorento by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Kia service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Kia customer service.
2012 Kia Sorento POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION NHTSA Campaign #15V626000
Summary: Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Kia Sorento vehicles manufactured October 19, 2009, to January 31, 2013. In the affected vehicles, if excessive force is applied to the gear shift lever, the brake-shift interlock mechanism may chip or crack allowing the transmission being able to be shifted out of "Park" without the brakes being depressed. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection."
Consequence: Without requiring the brake to be pressed, the vehicle may be unintentionally shifted out of Park, allowing it to roll, which may result in a crash.
Actions: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake-shift interlock mechanism, free of charge. The recall began on November 9, 2015. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC124. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V626000 »