CarComplaints.com Notes: There are just too many engine stalls or shuts down while driving reports to feel good about the Sorento. Especially when those things happen, on average, at just over 32,000 miles. Hopefully things will change.

4.6

2013 Kia Sorento accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Sorento:

2013 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Oct 092016

Sorento 6-cyl

Driving down I-20 West (1.5 miles from I-45 South exit) at 70mph on a clear day, on open road with minimal traffic (no overpasses, no vehicles directly in front of me, etc.). my children and I heard an explosion and I looked in my review mirror to see glass pouring off of my back window. My sunroof had exploded for no apparent reason. I called Kia customer assistance & received a case number and was told "do not make repairs until you are contacted by a representative". I received a msg from my "case worker" and have attempted to return her call every day by leaving messages and calling multiple times with no success. I even called 15 times in one day (every 20-30 mins) with no answered calls and no returned calls.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Sep 152016

Sorento

Sunroof exploded. It just shattered, perfect driving conditions, no debris, no accident, driving at 55 mph on a highway without any other vehicles around or bridges. Road was flat, even and no debris.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Sorento

Our 42 year old daughter was driving on highway.......... rt 84 in newtown, ct........no bridges or trucks near-by..... 2 children in backseat......panoramic sunroof.............. loud explosion and sunroof shattered over children.

- Avon, CT, USA

Oct 302015

Sorento

I took T\he vehicle to a non dealer location to be inspected after having multiple issues with the headlamp assembly being faulty. Upon inspection I was notified by the mechanic on duty that the wiring assembly was actually melting, a manufacturers defect. Because this being a fire hazard he was unable to replace the bulbs for me and said he felt the vehicle was unsafe to drive because it would place myself, my family and others on the highway at risk. He proceeded to show me the problem. This problem has resulted in my having to replace the bulbs five times in the past on the drivers side and at least twice on the passenger side. The dealer had to replace the wiring assembly on the passenger side due to the same problem. Have also provided a picture of the repair note of the problem on the opposite side of the vehicle. Also providing a clip showing that according to their inspection my lights were in working order when in actuality they were not. Lastly noting several electrical issues remain in addition to having to replace the battery as it is being continually drawn from due to these issues.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

May 212015

Sorento

The dashboard reflects onto the windshield reducing visibilty as the reflections cause distorted vision thru the windshield. This is extremely hazardous on sunny days as the reflections increase depending on the angle of the sun reflecting off the shiny dashboard onto the windshield. Maybe the dashboard should not be coated with such a reflective and shiny material to avoid this issue. In addition, the speed panel has detailed metallic paint around the speedometer and panel info which reflects beams of blinding light from the sun and bright lights into the drivers face while driving. Again, maybe the metallic paint and shiny reflective design should be changed to non-reflective options to avoid blinding the driver. Annoying features which cause the driver to adjust position while driving or try to block the blinding lights and visual distractions while in motion are dangerous and could lead to accidents. Kia please consider redesigning these dangerous design details and increase the safety for everyone. If changes are not made on newer models, I will never again purchase any Kia products and will warn others of these dangers on this vehicle brand. Safety is more important than design so please remove the metallic paint from the speedometer panel and find a non-reflective material to cover the dashboard. Thank you.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

Apr 112013

Sorento

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Sorento. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the contact was unable to correctly determine how far away the vehicle behind him was. As a result, the contact almost crashed into another vehicle. The contact mentioned that the vehicle appeared further away than it actually was. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and contact was informed that the mirror would not be replaced, as it was operating as designed. The failure and current mileage was 4,000.

- Renton, WA, USA

Jul 212012

Sorento

While returning from vacation and about 35 miles from home on the interstate the glass roof on my 2013 Sorento sx moon roof (glass top) shattered. Windows were up and A/C was on -80degrees and sunny outside. Had crossover 21 days and 1640 miles on car.

- Friendly, WV, USA