CarComplaints.com Notes: There are just too many engine stalls or shuts down while driving reports to feel good about the Sorento. Especially when those things happen, on average, at just over 32,000 miles. Hopefully things will change.

7.2

2013 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Sorento:

2013 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Sep 192014

Sorento 6-cyl

Engine went to idle at a traffic light and would not respond when light changed to green, check engine light came on. I idled to the side of the road, shut off engine and restarted it. It seemed to be ok but check engine light was still on. Check engine light went out the next day. I took it to dealer for repairs ( a week later was the soonest they could get me in) they did an software update and cleaned the etc motor per "technical service bulletin #133 rev. 11/27/2013" I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this fixed the problem.

- Spanaway, WA, USA

Aug 302013

Sorento

Car stalls intermittently. I got the Kia Sorento 7/6/12. I stalls three times without warning but will restart after placing to neutral and restarting the engine. Twice while going downhill. Carmd code reader indicates no problem found. Just wanted to add into the numerous same issue complaints. 08/30/13 9682 miles 05/06/14 16717 miles 09/12/14 20052 miles.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Mar 042013

Sorento

When I bought this vehicle I did not realize that it would have so many issues. I think it started in March of 2013. I started smelling a bad odor when I start my truck up and realized it was coming from the ac unit. Had it checked out and was informed that it was the cabin filter and I would have to pay to have it fixed. Later went back for another mater and was told at first that it was under warranty, but once I got to the dealership I was told it could not be fixed. Every since I had this truck my drivers seat goes down by it self and I just don't see what the point in taking it to the dealership because they never fix anything. I feel that purchasing a Kia from rick cas Kia was a very big mistake. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone..........

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Jun 152012

Sorento 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Sorento. The contact stated that when the vehicle was idling, he felt a shimmy through the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the vehicle was repaired but the contact was unsure of what exact repairs were completed. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 600 and the current mileage was 2,400....updated 10/19/12 the consumer stated the vehicle would idle in a rough manner. When at a stop. Updated 10/25/12

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA