CarComplaints.com Notes: There are just too many engine stalls or shuts down while driving reports to feel good about the Sorento. Especially when those things happen, on average, at just over 32,000 miles. Hopefully things will change.

2013 Kia Sorento miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Sorento:

2013 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Oct 182012

Sorento

My was removing groceries from her new Kia when it started to roll away while the car was in park. We check Kia dealer we were all was on with the car the problem had to be diver error. Then on or about November 20, 2015 we received a recalled for a transmission problem that allow the Kia to slide out of park and into reverse with the break pedal being depressed.

- Radford, VA, USA

Apr 052015

Sorento

We were driving down a paved road at approximately 30 mph when we heard a loud noise that sounded like a shotgun. Upon pulling over and inspecting the car, we found that the rear sunroof had exploded and was in tiny pieces. The cover had been pulled shut so only a relatively small amount of glass fell through into the car, but had the cover been open the glass pieces would have fallen in on our two year old son in the back seat. To our knowledge nothing fell on top of the car, and we did not hit a bump or anything in the road when this happened.

- Haymarket, VA, USA

Aug 222015

Sorento

My 2013 Kia sorrento's parking lights were on this afternoon on Saturday August 22, 2015 at approximately 2:30 pm est. I went outside to place something in my vehicle when I noticed the parking lights were on. I had parked my vehicle at 1:00 am when I returned from running an errand. I parked, made sure all the lights were turned off, armed the security system and went inside. Before my wife and I went to bed I went out to make sure that I turned all lights off which they were. This was at 2:00 am. The vehicle had not been touched since that time. This is not the first time that this has happened. I have had it in to the dealership twice already where they claim they cannot replicate the problem. We have had to have our vehicle jumped at least 12 times due to a dead battery caused by this problem. The vehicle falls well within it's warranty so it will be covered however the issue is serious enough that it warrants attention which I believe will be ignored if not brought to light and may result in injuries or cost to others when no cost should be incurred. I believe that this is an electrical issue that needs to be addressed immediately. I feel this could lead to problems with steering, braking system, engine malfunction as well as possible risks of fire due to a faulty electrical system.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

May 212015

Sorento

The dashboard reflects onto the windshield reducing visibilty as the reflections cause distorted vision thru the windshield. This is extremely hazardous on sunny days as the reflections increase depending on the angle of the sun reflecting off the shiny dashboard onto the windshield. Maybe the dashboard should not be coated with such a reflective and shiny material to avoid this issue. In addition, the speed panel has detailed metallic paint around the speedometer and panel info which reflects beams of blinding light from the sun and bright lights into the drivers face while driving. Again, maybe the metallic paint and shiny reflective design should be changed to non-reflective options to avoid blinding the driver. Annoying features which cause the driver to adjust position while driving or try to block the blinding lights and visual distractions while in motion are dangerous and could lead to accidents. Kia please consider redesigning these dangerous design details and increase the safety for everyone. If changes are not made on newer models, I will never again purchase any Kia products and will warn others of these dangers on this vehicle brand. Safety is more important than design so please remove the metallic paint from the speedometer panel and find a non-reflective material to cover the dashboard. Thank you.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

Jun 082013

Sorento

The vehicle is a few months old. Today 6/9/13 took the vehicle to the dealer because it is sputtering and shutting off. Kia in charlotte, nc put it on the computer and said they can not find anything wrong? a vehicle a few months old that sputters and shuts off has a problem! I do not care what the computer says!

- Gastonia, NC, USA