CarComplaints.com Notes: There are just too many engine stalls or shuts down while driving reports to feel good about the Sorento. Especially when those things happen, on average, at just over 32,000 miles. Hopefully things will change.

2013 Kia Sorento steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Sorento:

2013 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Dec 192015

Sorento 4-cyl

I bought a 2013 Kia Sorento last night Saturday 12/19/2015 and the paperwork did not get complete until after 10:30pm. The salesman stated that all components had been checked and that all was good. I live a hour away from the dealership and when I was on 290 heading East at about 70 mph, when I noticed that my dash and radio panel lights start flickering, my motor felt like it idled down a little but then it was ok, but then it happened again and all the lights in the radio area, steering wheel and speedometer area turned off and it lost a little power but then they all came back on and I made it home, then on 12/20/15 I was driving into town and after about 10 miles at 75 mph my inside lights started flashing again, and then went totally dark. I didn't lose any power this time but I'm starting to feel pretty ripped off. I also noticed today that while driving on hwy that when you come up to a curve to the right, the vehicle jerks to far and I ended up in the other lane. Thank god that no car was there.

- Lincoln, TX, USA

Oct 092014

Sorento 6-cyl

Engine simply stopped while driving resulting in loss of braking and steering control. All indicator lights on dashboard came on when the engine shut off. Coasted to a stop, put transmission in park and was able to restart the engine. Took the car to Kia dealer who said it needed a software update which was performed. The same problem of the engine shutting off happened the very next day. Taking the car back to the dealer today.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Sep 092014

Sorento

My airbags didn't deploy when I hit a person in the rear after severely damaged front end of my vehicle and parts being shoved into the motor and the motor received a crack in the block.

- Ocoee, FL, USA

Jun 182014

Sorento

The traffic light for my daughter's vehicle turned green. She proceeded into the intersection. And ended up crashing into the passenger side of another vehicle that ran thr red light. My daughter's vehicle sustained heavy damage to the entire front end. However there was no airbag deployment. We are very concerned due to the amount of damage done to the vehicle. And we wish to put it on report so that someone can investigate if there may be a defect in the airbag system.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Apr 012013

Sorento

I have a 2013 Kia Sorento V-6. approx. 6 mths into owning the vehicle, while accelerating to turn right after stopping at a stop sign, the engine died and car lost all power. The car was stuck at a 45 degree angle 1/2 way into the lane of traffic. I was lucky that no-one was coming or I would have been T-boned. The car dash was completely dark with no lights whatsoever, no brakes and no steering (since both are power). I had no idea what happened and had a lot of trouble getting the car into neutral to attempt re-start. After several attempts, it finally did re-start. Took it to Kia who was unable to duplicate the problem. Second time (11 mths), I was accelerating from stopping at a stop light - engine died and car lost all power, no steering or brakes - no dash lights. Cars had to go around me and I was praying I didn't get rear-ended. Again, car started after several attempts. Third time (12 mths), was at the bottom of a freeway off-ramp. Attempted to go after light turned green and engine died - again lost all power - no dash lights, steering or brakes - cars had to go around me. Fourth time (17 mths) stalled in parking lot when I stopped at intersection to turn left - same symptoms. This car is dangerous! Kia needs to recall and correct this problem before a serious accident occurs and someone dies. I'm afraid every time I drive it. Huge safety issue! NHTSA, please do something.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 012013

Sorento 4-cyl

Had a problem with my ignition switch, steering column not unlocking on my 2013 Kia sorrento. Put the key in, would not turn. Finally, I jerked on the steering wheel back and forth, it finally turned. Then, my sisters 2013 Kia-optima did the same thing about a week ago! I called the dealer and was told that because the wheels were turn that this would cause this to happen. I informed him that in both cases, the vehicles were in the garage, on flat service, wheels pointing straight. Was told if it happens again, bring it in.

- Grand Ledge, MI, USA

Jun 152012

Sorento 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Sorento. The contact stated that when the vehicle was idling, he felt a shimmy through the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the vehicle was repaired but the contact was unsure of what exact repairs were completed. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 600 and the current mileage was 2,400....updated 10/19/12 the consumer stated the vehicle would idle in a rough manner. When at a stop. Updated 10/25/12

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA