2014 Kia Sorento accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

2014 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Apr 262015

As I was driving into my daughters driveway approx. 5-10 mph I heard a loud pop and then glass raining down from the panoramic sunroof onto the back seat of the vehicle. All the windows and sunroof were closed at the time of the occurrence. Only the rear portion of the glass roof shattered, the front glass remained in tack.

- Foster, RI, USA

Feb 032015

Driving on the freeway this morning I heard a very loud noise and then my sunroof shattered. It was the back portion of the panoramic sunroof and it completely shattered. Some small glass particles fell into the car, but most of the glass stayed attached. I pulled over and called hwy patrol thinking someone must have thrown something at my car. I was not close to any other vehicles. Maybe it was already compromised by a rock chip or something?? thank goodness my baby was not with me as her car seat is directly below the sunroof. I took it to the dealership and it will cost $2300 to fix. I am now in a rental for 4-5 days while it is repaired.

- Willard, UT, USA

Jan 232015

We were driving when suddenly the sunroof exploded violently and all glass fell on us.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Dec 082014

At around 0400 pm we were driving East on hwy 50 about fifteen miles outside of pueblo co just past the turn off to the pueblo chemical depot headed to la junta. There was no to little traffic, we heard a loud bang or pop that scared us both and made us duck for cover. My wife quickly pulled to the side of the road where I got out to inspect the car and found the sunroof had literally blown out, shattered into tiny pieces. There was no foreign objects or rocks, it just spontaneously blew out. We discussed what we should do as we were a long ways from home. We called the dealer and explained what had happened they said they would repair it under warranty we just needed to get there. We told them we would need a loaner and they said they wouldn't be able to do that tonight, so we had to take it home for the night and take it back in the morning, only problem was the wind was blowing shards of glass around the interior of the car, very unsafe. We get home and find out on-line that there is a problem with this on the Sorento's, this guy obviously knew of it and didn't offer to have it towed or to help us with a loaner so now we will have to have it towed there because its to dangerous to drive....updated 03-11-15 updated 6/18/2015

- La Junta , CO, USA

Jul 232014

Was driving vehicle on freeway when sunroof spontaneously shattered, causing a huge hole & glass to rain down into car. No rock or roadway debris was observed to be a factor.

- West Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 142014

Sorento 6-cyl

While driving on the highway going approximately 70 mph the front portion of our 2014 Kia Sorento sunroof just exploded, it sounded like a shotgun went of in the car, luckily we had the interior sun shade closed which kept the glass from coming inside...updated 07/01/14 the consumer no longer owns the vehicle. Updated 07/03/14 updated 1/12/2014

- Ennis, MT, USA

Mar 152014

Sorento 6-cyl

While driving on the highway with no other cars near, the glass sunroof above the drivers head exploded leaving a bowling ball sized hole in the middle of the glass top. Nothing hit the top, it exploded outward with force....updated 04-30-14 updated 10/1/2014

- Pueblo West, CO, USA

Feb 152014

Sorento 6-cyl

We were driving on interstate 540 N, 70 mph, normal driving conditions, and light traffic when the sunroof exploded. It sounded like we had been hit by another vehicle or sometype of explosion. I immediately looked in the rear view mirror to see a large piece of dark glass flying off from the top of my car. The inside shade was closed, no glass entered inside the vehicle. We pulled off at the road and discovered a large hole in the middle of the first sunroof. The remaining portion of the first sunroof is shattered. We were not following a vehicle, I do not believe this was caused by a rock or road debris. The other parts of the glass roof seem ok, this was just the sunroof that is over the front seats.

- Rogers, AR, USA

Nov 102013

Sunroof shattered while driving on I-35 North. We have kids on board while that happened. It sounded like a gun fire when it happens. We can provide you the photos.

- San Antonio, TX, USA