CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2nd generation Sorento (2011-2014) has just too many engine problems at early mileage, year after year.

6.3

2014 Kia Sorento body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

2014 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Feb 032015

Sorento

Driving on the freeway this morning I heard a very loud noise and then my sunroof shattered. It was the back portion of the panoramic sunroof and it completely shattered. Some small glass particles fell into the car, but most of the glass stayed attached. I pulled over and called hwy patrol thinking someone must have thrown something at my car. I was not close to any other vehicles. Maybe it was already compromised by a rock chip or something?? thank goodness my baby was not with me as her car seat is directly below the sunroof. I took it to the dealership and it will cost $2300 to fix. I am now in a rental for 4-5 days while it is repaired.

- Willard, UT, USA

Jan 232015

Sorento

We were driving when suddenly the sunroof exploded violently and all glass fell on us.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Mar 152014

Sorento 6-cyl

While driving on the highway with no other cars near, the glass sunroof above the drivers head exploded leaving a bowling ball sized hole in the middle of the glass top. Nothing hit the top, it exploded outward with force....updated 04-30-14 updated 10/1/2014

- Pueblo West, CO, USA

Jun 102013

Sorento

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Sorento. The contact attempted to close the lift gate by pressing the close button, but when it closed it opened independently. The contact attempted to close it manually but the lift gate would not close. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but they could not duplicate the issue. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 525.

- Lusby, MD, USA