2014 Kia Sorento drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

2014 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

May 232016

Driving on highway going about 65mph when I heard a load bang from the rear and felt hard jerk from car, I stopped the car looked underand saw fluid leaking from AWD coupling, took it in to Kia fresno rear differential broken metal in differential fluid, differential replace but AWD coupling not replace. AWD still not working

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 152015

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Sorento. When the contact attempted to accelerate, the vehicle jolted three times before accelerating. The failure recurred three times without warning. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer who inspected the vehicle and found no failures. The failure recurred on a different day. On another occasion, while driving approximately 15 mph, the vehicle lost steering and braking ability. As a result, the vehicle drove into a ditch. The brake and steering ability returned and the contact drove to another local dealer who was also unable to find the cause of the failures. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures and followed up with the dealers, but the cause of the failures was not determined. The contact was told to drive the vehicle until the failure recurred. The failure mileage was approximately 41,000.

- Senoia, GA, USA

Jan 082014

Sorento 4WD 6-cyl

I bought a 2014 Kia Sorento in Nov. 2013. 2months I started having issues with the door locks not working properly and the blue tooth. I took it to the dealer for service and told them about it after 3-4 trips and being told each time that there was nothing wrong they found that the radio system was bad. Still nothing wrong with the door locks not unlocking. Then a few weeks later I started having problems with it starting, again 3-4 trips of being told nothing was wrong they said you have a bad battery! I started getting a warning from the uvo system in November 2014 that I had a transmission issue took it to the dealer and even though a technician saw the warning on the screen and that the engine light was on they said the gas cap must have been on wrong causing the warning and the transmission to stall and be sluggish, along with causing the bluetooth not to respond, automatic door locks not to release, backup camera beeps when there is nothing behind me, the automatic window on the drivers side to not roll up. It was found that the transmission was going out and was repaired at the nicholasville store, however it has not taken care of the issues, the doors will not unlock and the uvo system continues to send emails to the dealer that there is an issue. I have also had to replace a head light bulb, brakes are rubbing. I have spoken with the Kia Corp analysts spencer with no results at this point. I have spoken with the general manager of the nicholasville ky dealer during our conversation he said to me to bring my car to the dealer they would be glad to check it. I ask if there was any way we could work something out so that they could come to me and get the car. I explained to him that I do not fill safe in the vehicle and that I am afraid for my kids safety, on 1/20/15 I was in an accident with it.

- Whiltey City, KY, USA

Feb 142008

Sorento 4-cyl

There has been a very hard jerk forward after a stop (or stop and turn I. E. at stop sign) when I start to accelerate gently. This jerk has always happened after a stop within 75 - 150 feet. The speed of the vehicle has always been around 10- 15 mph. Jerk forward seems to be a slam forward of drive shaft after just starting to accelerate. This has occurred about three times a month and usually after car has run about five minutes. I am not a mechanic but this seems to be power train issue with drive shaft, brakes and/ or transmission involved. I will research further with dealer as time permits - they have been made aware of this issue but did not say for sure what was happening as of yet (want longer evaluation to drive vehicle themselves).

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Sep 112013

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Sorento. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V356000 (power train). The contact was not able to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the part needed to complete the repair was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the issue but could not provide an expected date for the remedy part to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mooresville, NC, USA