CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2nd generation Sorento (2011-2014) has just too many engine problems at early mileage, year after year.

2014 Kia Sorento miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

2014 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Jan 052017

Sorento

January 5, 2017, I was on a 2 lane highway in Washington headed home from a day of shopping and medical appointments. I was 3 exits from my home when I head a loud bang like a gun shot. I swerved because I thought it was a tire or my windshield. Before I could pull off of the highway I heard and saw that the cloth cover over my sunroof was shaking and slapping against the wind. I pulled off the highway and checked my sun roof. My sun roof exploded! there was not a car in front of me or next to me and I know nothing had hit it. My sun roof randomly exploded! I drove straight to the Kia dealership. The technician tried to tell me and show me where he said a rock had hit it. He stuck his pen into a starburst and tried to tell me that a rock had hit me.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA

Dec 192015

Sorento

I drove my Kia to the end of the driveway to get the mail. Upon shutting the door, my rear windshield exploded outward. I contacted Kia and spoke with jose and was given a case number. I was instructed to take it to a Kia dealership so they could determine if the windshield was defective. My husband took it to spitzer Kia and after waiting 4 hours was told they wouldn't cover it. Shawn was the mechanic that looked at the windshield and took pictures. Pictures were sent to steven rupert, field technical rep for Kia. Mr. Rupert made this decision via email to shawn, per shawn. I contacted Kia once again and was told they go back what is reported and there was nothing they could do.

- Warsaw, OH, USA

Jan 292015

Sorento

Approximately one month ago my check engine light came on (P2098) in my 2014 Kia Sorento ex V6 gdi with about 11,000 miles on the odometer. I took it in to Kia. They stated it was a kinked wire. Last week, check engine light returns (P2098). It was checked this time and a reason could not be found. A techline folder was opened and it was researched with Kia engineers who said they are aware of this problem in other Sorentos. They are searching for the answer to the problem and I am to continue to take my Sorento to the dealer when the check engine light turns on so that they have a record of it. They are supposed to let us know when a solution has been found so it can be repaired. I just don't know how long this is going to go on before a fix is in place.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Dec 032014

Sorento

Upon opening the driver's door, it hit my lefy eybrow due to the unfinsihed and sharp upper right corner of the door; I was taken to the emergency room and had 9 steches

- Ladera Ranch, CA, USA