2015 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Sorento:

2015 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Apr 122015

The SUV has been having white smoke coming from tailpipe and the car has been pulling. It makes ugly noise when we try to accelerate on the freeway and pulls. The oil light isn't coming on to tell us when the oil is low even if it's not time for a pil change. We seem to notice that the car is burning oil more frequently than a normal vehicle. Also notice sludge when we check the oil even if we had just had a oil change it seems to come back. The dealer keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with it. They tell me they can't find anything wrong.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jul 012016

I was driving down the road with my 4 children in the car at 45 mph when all of a sudden my car completely lost power. Luckily I was able to coast to the side of the road. It was over a 100 degrees outside and my 4 kids under 6 had to sit and wait on a ride in the heat. The car has 40,000 miles on it and has had 7 oil changes, of which I have provided the receipts for. There is engine sludge despite the fact that the oil was changed more frequently than the manual suggested 7500 miles,

- Choctaw, OK, USA

May 072015

Had oil light go on when I would take off from a stop but would turn off when I stop. I called the dealer and took it in and was told that the oil filter was put in wrong. The dealer put a new one on and did all the test to make sure it was working proper. Nine day later I had a oil leak and called the same dealer and was told to come back in. The service manager then told me the because someone else had done other oil changes on the car I would have to pay for any repairs if the other place would not. When I asked about the part being under warranty the service manager told me that this part was not under warranty. The service also told me that even if the dealer did the oil change after the first one that Kia would not warranty it. So now I will get a bill over 900 dollars and still not know if I have a engine that will work.

- Morris, IL, USA

Oct 232014

I purchased a new 2015 Kia Sorento May 17, 2014. As I was driving down the road last night at approximately 45mph, suddenly the car jerked around, sounded like I downshifted (although it's an automatic) and I got the diagnostic message of the "engine control system- possible engine condition" it told me to take it to the dealership for service immediately. They said today that they had to order a new throttle body assembly and it was too dangerous for me to drive. Not sure if anyone else has had these problems yet but it shouldn't be happening in a brand new car!

- Iva, SC, USA