2016 Kia Sorento lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Kia Sorento:

2016 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Nov 252015

No accident or any such thing has happened yet but I think something should be done about the headlights as they are too easily covered with mud while driving on wet roads. I was driving to another city 2 hours away and it got dark out and when I noticed I couldn't really see ahead of me very far and I know the headlights on this car are amazing. So I stopped and sure enough the headlights were all covered with spatter from other vehicles tires splashing the wet road up onto them. Finally after clearin the mud off of the headlights I could see again far in front of me. But not even 30 minutes later did I have to stop again to clear off the headlights so I could see in front of me.

- Kalispell, MT, USA

Sep 012015

The contact owns a 2016 Kia Sorento. While driving at 60 mph, the steering wheel seized. In addition, the contact stated that the low beam head lamps were activated, but the interior dome light, head lamps, rear lamps, and instrument panel failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering console needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the dealer was unable to diagnose or repair the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Jena, LA, USA

Aug 242015

The contact owns a 2016 Kia Sorento. While driving 65 mph with the high beams activated, the contact attempted to switch to the low beams and the headlights failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,604.

- Round Rock, TX, USA