Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Look past the horrible hamster advertising campaign and you'll find a vehicle that is comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable. Just don't expect to set any MPG records on the highway (a side effect of driving a car shaped like a lunchbox).

2011 Kia Soul body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Soul:

2011 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Oct 012011

When it rains the floorboards fill with water (literal puddle) front and back, mainly on the drivers side. I purchased this vehicle new and have been the only owner, I did not notice the issue until after the mileage warranty had slightly expired. I contacted the dealer once I noticed the issue and they of course wanted $$$ to even look into the issue. In researching for a resolution on the internet this appears to be a very common issue with these vehicles. The main concern is health safety and possible electrical issues that can result from so much interior wetting. I had contacted the dealer again (bill byrd Kia panama city fl) to ask if there was any new information concerning this issue and spoke with and allan and a chris at the site and was hung up on by both individuals.

- Chipley, FL, USA

Nov 202015

While traveling at 55mph the hood released hitting the roof above the windshield. Caused damage to the roof, the hood and the fenders. Note that the hod had not been opened for over a month. Also note that the hood was in the fully closed position before starting out on the road on 11/20/2015.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 012015

3 problems :#1 the wheel pressure light stays on when idle and when I'm driving it but, my tires are at the same psi. Makes me keep thinking something is wrong. #2 in the winter time the rubber molding around doors sticks bad and starts to pull itself away from the glue keeping it on. #3 during the winter my windshield keeps icing up really bad (on the inside !). I can actually use my ice scraper on it. I expect this on the outside of a car but, I have never had a car do this on the inside, did they forget to seal it correctly?

- Happy Valley, OR, USA

Oct 232014

Vehicle has sound coming from rear. After some research it appears that there is a bolt loose on the suspension according to I am a single new mom and having only had this car less than a year im highly concerned directly behind me and U can feel it shift. Hills

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Sep 112014

Soul 4-cyl

My son and I were in a severe crash. We were hit from behind at about 50 mph by two cars. We were knocked off the road and down a drop off. We landed and went over large boulders. Car was totaled. Front end and rear end gone. Two wheels came off. No air bags deployed. This is a great concern for people that may want to purchase the Soul. All other vehicles in the crash had air bags that did deploy. I think if our air bags were working properly then my son and I may of not had such severe injuries to our heads, backs and necks.

- Custer, KY, USA

May 302013

Soul 4-cyl Diesel

Traffic came to an abrupt stop and iv rear ended OV1 which pushed OV1 into OV2 which was pushed into OV3. Vehicle in question (Kia Soul) was the iv. The iv suffered extreme front-end damage and was totaled. The air bags did not deploy. The officer at the scene and the towing company driver were adamant that the force exterted by the iv and the damage incurred should have deployed the air bags. Driver of the iv suffered injuries from being slammed into the steering wheel (chest) and dash board (knees).

- College Station, TX, USA

Mar 292011

We purchased a molten 2011 Kia Soul. 3 months after owning the car we noticed multiple paint chips all over the car and windshield chips. I have less than 4500 miles and I do not drive on gravel or follow salt trucks. I am currently trying to get the Kia dealership to repair it. Also, a speaker rumbles, it did not start one time (only had it for a few days), and sometimes you can smell antifreeze. The dealership is still deciding if they will help me in regards to the paint and windshield. They have ordered a replacement speaker. They said that the starting system is fine and the antifreeze smell is "the engine breaking in". I have read multiple complaints about pain and windshield chips. Please help us!

- Brodhead, WI, USA