CarComplaints.com Notes: Look past the horrible hamster advertising campaign and you'll find a vehicle that is comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable. Just don't expect to set any MPG records on the highway (a side effect of driving a car shaped like a lunchbox).

2011 Kia Soul suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Soul:

2011 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Feb 042014

Soul

After a rough winter in pa. Started hearing a loud thunking noise in rear of car. Never could figure out what was going on. This year 2015 when going for a inspection, my mechanic told me the rear trailing arm bushing was completely worn away. He was very suprised for the mileage on the car for this to occur. Was more suprised there wasnt a recall for this item. Was very costly to repair

- Hanover Township, PA, USA

Oct 232014

Soul

Vehicle has sound coming from rear. After some research it appears that there is a bolt loose on the suspension according to www.kiasoulforums.com/10-Soul-problems/19930-clunking-rattle-noise-left-rear-Soul.html#/forumsite/20709/topics/19930 I am a single new mom and having only had this car less than a year im highly concerned directly behind me and U can feel it shift. Hills

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Apr 222014

Soul 4-cyl

The right rear passenger tire makes a clunking noise everytime I hit a bump or turn the vehicle. Feels like the axle is going to fall off. I saw that others are having or have had the same problem. Wanted to post the complaint, hoping that since it is a common issue, Kia is forced to have it fixed or reimburse us. It's obviously a problem with the make of the car.

- Browns Mills, NJ, USA

Feb 242014

Soul 4-cyl

Took car to Kia dealership because of a clunking noise in rear passenger side of car when car hit bumps in road. Technician was aware of problem on this type of car. They retorqued the rear control arm bolts. I do not know if they did or did not have a service bulletin on this problem. I just wonder how serious a problem this could have become.

- Racine, WI, USA

Oct 222012

Soul 4-cyl

I was driving to work, making a left turn into the parking lot when the front passenger tire blew. The steering wheel pulled sharply to the right and I was pulled into a curb. This caused over $1600 worth of damage to the car. There was a huge hole in the side wall of the tire and no evidence of any metal or anything in the tire. Also, the tire pressure indicator light has never come on, so I know they were at the proper psi. I contacted the dealer when the accident happened, and was told they have no responsibility for the tires. They actually looked at the car and all they said was "this is just bad driving." I then called the Kia company and talked to three different people. Their conclusion was they are not responsible for the tires. One person even asked how much I weighed! this vehicle is a 2011 and only has 8,200 miles on it. I had to go through my insurance to get it fixed. I believe that Kia should stand by these tires, because nexxen come standard on their vehicles. Since this has happened, I have researched online and have found people have had similar problems with the tires on Kia vehicles.

- Arnold , MO, USA

Jul 022012

Soul 4-cyl

On July 2, 2012 while driving at 50 mph the front passenger suspension system failed resulting in the front wheel going under the car. This resulted in the entire collapse of the suspension, failure of steering capabilities and loss of control of vehicle. The resulting damage affected the body and vehicle structure.

- Middletown, VA, USA