2012 Kia Soul body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Soul:

2012 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Feb 142014

The contact owns a 2012 Kia Soul. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V822000 (structure) and was unable to schedule the recall repair within a reasonable time frame. The manufacturer was unable to supply the contact with a local authorized dealer to perform the repair. The manufacturer expected the contact to ship the vehicle to the state of Florida and then ship the vehicle back to the contact's state after the recall repair, which was unreasonable. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired and had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Christiansted, VI, USA

Nov 032015

Driving down the road and the hood latch broke causing the hood to fly up and wrap around the window shield. I had the presence of mind to move it to the side of the road and call for help. I was traveling app. 55 miles an hour, on a secondary paved road.

- Pulaski, TN, USA

Jul 142015

My car was going approximately 50mph when it rear ended a stopped vehicle in the middle of a busy highway. Then my car was rear ended seconds afterwards. My car was scrunched (totaled), both front and back, and the airbags never deployed. Had the airbags deployed, the injuries to the driver would've been much less severe. I have huge concerns and doubts about the safety of this model. I don't think the airbags in this model propertly function.

- Mcminnville, OR, USA

Nov 052014

The right windshield side molding flew off twice so far. The second time at about 62000 miles while traveling about 65 mph. The dealer replaced and installed the first one free, the second one cost me about $105 and was also installed by the dealer.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Jan 112014

Soul 4-cyl

We were traveling down a rural road in Kentucky. A deer ran out in front of us. We struck the deer at approximately 57 mph. There was considerable damage to the front end of the vehicle and it was not drivable. Our airbags did not deploy.

- Olmstead, KY, USA

Jul 092013

I was slowing approaching parking spot. Vehicle started speeding rapidly, I could not stop vehicle and crashed into a brick building. My son was yelling to stop, I said I am trying and cannot. The air bags came out, car was smoking, badly dented. Windshield broke. We were bruised and scratched. There was over $9500 worth of damage. The vehicle malfunctioned and sped out of control.

- Blaine, MN, USA