2012 Kia Soul fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Soul:

2012 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Feb 272012

My Kia Soul 2012 has a noise at cold start that last 15 to 20 second, it feel like some thing loose. Dealer at sahara, las vegas Nevada had it for three times and 4 days each time and the first time they said was the timing tensioner and they replaced, but noise still there so they have two times more and at the end the said the noise is the oil pump, os if it was the oil pump why they replace the timing tensioner ? the noise still every day in the morning, plus smelling gas by the motor and infest the whole garage, so I took it to dealer at henderson, Nevada cause I found oil leaking by ocv ( oil control valve, so they replace two ocv and still leak oil, so I realized looking deeply that first two injectors are leaking gas, mixing with oil. They asked if oil got on the garage floor and when I said : no yet, so they said can not do any thing. So, the services manager there just put all this information to see if a person from manufacture or some one higher than then can look it up. I think when they replace timing tensioner they did not put right the liquid gasket, cause I see the leaking from that place. I have those problem since I bough the car and I waste my time three times 4 or 5 days each without my car, cause they don't rent cars or even give you one to move.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 012012

Faulty wiring harness. Car was 3 weeks old.

- Washington, DC, USA