6.1

2012 Kia Soul seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Soul:

2012 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Oct 032012

Soul

I was taking my aunt to the doctors office, she is older and forgot to attach her seat belt. I happened to look over and pulled over so she could attach her belt. However, there was no warning light or buzzer to indicate that the passenger seat belt was not attached. I took my car to the local dealer and they were amazed that there was no warning. After checking my car and another Kia of the same year, I was advised that none of the Kia Souls have a warning system for the front passenger seat. Is this a mistake by Kia or are they not required to have an alarm indicating that the passenger seat belt is not engaged? the driver seat warning does work properly.

- Hudson, OH, USA