2013 Kia Soul wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Soul:

2013 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Jun 202016

I have owned 2 Kia Souls (a 2011 and now a 2013 each bought new) and have been very happy until recently, June this year 2016, when checking the low air pressure in rear tires. The tire store informed me that both tires were "extremely old, " "unsafe" "2007 tires!" because of the possible danger to me or others, while continuing to drive on these tires which were sold to me on my 2013 by the dealership, I was advised to replace both with new tires by the tire store, which I did immediately. Given my regular tune ups at the dealer where they noted they "rotated tires" each time, I was never informed of the age of the tires. I am fortunate that no accidents occurred. I am concerned about possible unadvisable and possible fraudulent practices on the part of ed voyles Kia on cobb pkwy in smyrna ga. I have written to the corporate headquarters to investigate and come to some resolution. I appreciate the product, hope to hear this matter is resolved to my satisfaction so that I can continue to drive and recommend Kia with great confidence in the future. (the low air pressure was noted while driving the car to work on a regular basis, 45 miles each way in heavy highway traffic)

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Dec 102013

I had 3 people in the back seat but the center seat belt would not stay locked from the start. This didnt change regardless of how many times it was attempted. It has since been replaced by dealer because I complained it was a safety issue when I have 3 people in the back seat. The car has always had a small gradual drift to the right. Dealer didn't find anything. Later I had the alignment done by someone else. They showed me both front and rear driver side tires could not be aligned to true. They said the front will be fixed by new strut but back is a straight axle that cant be aligned. The car always drifted right and still does. I bought the car from the dealer with 10 miles on

- Cooper City, FL, USA

Oct 192014

Soul 4-cyl

Submission from re NHTSA safety complaint on Kia Soul 2013 the consumer stated while driving, the right front passenger tire went flat. The wheel and rim were bent. The dealer stated, the consumer must have hit something in the road. However, the consumer disputed that notion, stating there was a recall on cadenza wheels, as they were prone to cracking, if a pothole was hit.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Aug 232013

I was driving on a highway when, without any provacation, the two tires on the drivers side blew out the sidewall. Hole was the size of a 50 cent piece. This happened again on March 26, 2014. We were driving on a highway and the rear tire on the driver's side blew out the sidewall again. Mileage was 36,646.

- Roanoke, VA, USA