2014 Kia Soul body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Soul:

2014 Kia Soul Owner Comments

May 162016

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. While parked, the contact observed that the rear license tag light bulbs were protruding out of its casing. The contact put the light bulbs back in place, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed the light bulb holder had stretched. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- Sylvania, GA, USA

Nov 122014

I was approaching a traffic light and the light was green and traffic in front of me was moving. I must have take my eyes off the car in front of me and the green light for just a few seconds and when I looked ahead the car in front of me had stopped at the turning light and I ran into the back of it. Never even had a chance to hit the brakes. My car had a lot of damage to the front half but the airbag never deployed.

- Raeford, NC, USA

Sep 242014

Driving Soul down highway when another car came across the highway- three lanes, from a private drive in front of me to access turning lane. I hit his rear driver side with my front left drivers side. Air bags did not deploy. Car was totaled.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 172014

Soul 4-cyl

We had been driving for about 20 minutes. We pulled off highway to look at a tourist attraction. No indication whatsoever that anything was wrong with the car. Parked, turned car off. Got out. Glanced back at the car and smoke was pouring out from under the hood. Soon there were flames dripping from underneath front end (looked like melting plastic). Called fire department. Within 1 minute flames were jumping up on interior (dash area) and exterior (under hood). Got fire extinguisher from nearby business, but with hood closed, did not help. Within 4 minutes entire front end and front interior were engulfed in enormous flames. Many popping noises (explosions). Fire department arrived after about 5 minutes and extinguished the fire. Entire front end of car melted to the ground. I should note that while we left the car unlocked when we got out, the doors locked themselves during the fire, and the key fob was inoperable (lock electronics in the car were fried). Had a person or pet been in the car, they would have been trapped. My husband cut his face during this, but did not seek a doctor. All personal items in the car are severely damaged by smoke.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA