2014 Kia Soul fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Soul:

2014 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Mar 242015

My 2014 Kia Soul which I leased for 39 months in July 2014, just had a recall for a faulty gas pedal that may fracture under excessive pressure. Its great that I am getting the problem fixed for free but I am very disappointed in Kia and the main reason I chose Kia was because they are one of the safest cars out there. I have a four year old daughter and I chose Kia because of her and wanted her to be safe while we were driving. To learn that since the day I leased my car which is almost a year ago, I was driving my daughter around in a car that could have potential caused her injury or worse is very due to my gas pedal breaking is alarming to me, my daughter is the most important and precious thing to me in my whole life. I do not feel that fixing the gas pedal for free is enough and that something must be done to make up for all the times I was driving my daughter in a vehicle that I thought was very safe when it was not. I would like permission to get out of my lease so that I have the freedom to get another vehicle that is safe for my daughter. Anyone with kids should know exactly how I feel and will sympathize with my situation.

- Steilacoom, WA, USA

Aug 162014

We were driving 75 mph. On I-75 outside dalton Georgia in lots of traffic (the outer lane) at which time the vehicle lost all power and shut down. We gradually coasted to the side of the road avoiding near crashes and stopped completely. We tried restarting the vehicle and it would not start. After about 10 minutes the vehicle restarted but had no power to drive. We were towed to a dealership in dalton Georgia and the service people looked at the vehicle on 8/18/2014 & said they could find nothing wrong. We proceeded on towards our destination. On 8/16/2014 (the same day they found nothing) we had traveled approximately 161 miles further South on I-75 (outside macon Georgia) when the car did the same thing. It shut down driving 75 mph in major traffic. Our vehicle did the same thing as it did on 8/16/2014, loss of all power. We were then towed to macon Georgia Kia dealership. On 8/17/2014 they informed us they were replacing a "pressure pump" and should receive it 8/18/2014. The dealership installed the pressure pump and had the technician drive it for approximately 30 miles and it shut down on him. At this point they were unsure of what to do and did multiple test on the vehicle. We were advised to leave the vehicle there and they would get it back to us. We returned to Ohio in a rental vehicle on 8/22/2014. Our car was transported back to Ohio 9/3/2014 by the Kia company with no further findings. When the dealership contacted me to let me know my vehicle was being returned and they found nothing else they stated that a 2014 Kia Soul on their lot did the same thing during a "test" drive. I am deathly afraid to drive this vehicle since I had my life flash before us 2 times and a 3rd time on the technician.

- Lima, OH, USA