2014 Kia Soul steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Soul:

2014 Kia Soul Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 262014

Soul 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving 40 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to turn and resulted in a crash. The vehicle was destroyed. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. Five months later, the contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V332000 (steering). The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 3,874. Mailed out 11/12/14 consumer request updated 12/2/14 the consumer stated he was driving on a snow covered road. He came upon a curve and took his foot off the accelerator, but he began to skid sideways and couldn't control the steering to get out of the skid. The vehicle flipped and rolled over a couple of time. The consumer was injured. Updated 01/08/15

- Albany, NY, USA

Jun 292014

Soul 4-cyl

On 6-29-2014, I was on my way to church. The weather was good. Im driving and all of a sudden my car hits a guardrail and spun across the street and hit a utility pole. Now I've been driving for at least 30 years and I have never had a accident anything. I was taken to the hospital by rescue squad, where I sustain some serious injuries, head injury, right eye was cut badly, and I was in a coma for a week. During this incident I have a police report stating there was zero drugs or alcohol in my system. I was discharged from the hospital on 7-15-2014, where I still can't walk without a walker or cane. I would like for this case to be investigated to its fully content because there was a recall on 2014 Kia Soul 7-21-13 to 1-17-2014 Kia # SC108 steering gear assembly may separate cause a crash NHTSA campaign # 14332000.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Jul 252014

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V332000 (steering); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The dealer stated that the part would be available in three weeks. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Somersworth, NH, USA

Jul 222014

Soul 4-cyl

I noticed a pop as I was making a left hand turn and the steering wheel became really loose. I began to make a U turn a few minutes later and the steering wheel turned 360 degrees, but the actual wheels did not turn with it. I was stuck in the middle of the street because I could not turn left and had to reverse to get the car straight again..... updated 08/05/14 updated 08/19/2014

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Mar 312014

Soul 4-cyl

Steering started making a clunking noise when turned slightly left or right. Dealer says the steering rack needs replacing. Part will not be here until April 30th (1 month). Dealer will not release the car to me because they say it is not safe to drive. Kia will no longer talk to me at all about this problem. This is a brand new car. Online I see that past Kia Soul's have had a similar problem.

- Portland, OR, USA