5.4

2015 Kia Soul engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Soul:

2015 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Aug 102016

Soul

The engine failed at 23,600 mi. I was sitting in traffic when the "oil" light came on and the engine seized up completely. Fortunately this did not happen on the highway. The Kia dealership denied the powertrain warranty stating that since I did the oil changes myself the warranty was void. I paid a mechanic to replace the engine. When I took it to the shop the mechanic said they had just replaced the engine in a 2014 Kia optima and where more than familiar with an engine swap on a modern Kia. These cars are not safe, the government should be investigating Kia motors for their fraudulent practices.

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

Aug 312016

Soul

The contact owns a 2015 Kia Soul. While driving various speeds, the transmission lunged without warning. In addition, the contact observed that the vehicle shook vigorously while idling or while driving. Also, the vehicle would sometimes fail to switch gears. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine mount needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer again where it was diagnosed that the fuel injectors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 14,000.

- Oakboro, NC, USA

Aug 242016

Soul

The car caught fire under the hood of the engine. Upon arriving home from grocery store passenger noticed smoke under the hood. The fire was extinguished and the Kia emergency roadside service was called. The local Kia dealer doesnt want anything to do with the car even though the car is still under factory warranty. Kia corporate isn't much help either saying it will be 2-5 business days before someone from there will be able to come and inspect it. In the meantime I am stranded in fort wayne with no transportation. Again the car is still under factory warranty!!!!!!!!!

- Hernando, FL, USA

Dec 172015

Soul

Car is equipped with eco-boost and active "intermittant stop and go" system, which is active every start cycle unless "deactivate" button is engaged.car has been driven by 18 year old daughter for 3,000 miles in 6 months. The engine has shut down and not been able to be restarted on 2 separate occasions.both times the isg system switch was depressed, the system was deactivated, and the car was stationary. The second time the car shut down was at a very busy intersection, my daughter is a new driver-she was hysterical. Dealer claims there is nothing wrong with the car, they are saying it is operator error. I have told them that she always deactivates the isg every time she starts the car. She has seen the "deactive" light go out several times while driving the car. This is a very dangerous situation. We were not told by the dealer about the isg system when we purchased the car, if we had known about it, we would not have bought it.I feel there might be a software problem that is causing uncommanded shut down. Dealer cannot find a problem with the car.I am an airline aircraft mechanic with 30 years experience on boeing jets, and have been working on cars for 40 years.

- Mesa, AZ, USA