2002 Kia Spectra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Spectra:

2002 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Sep 142004

Spectra 4-cyl

While driving the check engine light appeared on the dashboard. The vehicle surges forward while applying the brakes the vehicle will continue speed. The driver was able to drive it to the dealer for inspection. The mechanic informed the driver that the vehicle was placed on a diagnostic machine the problem cannot be duplicated the problem. Please fill in additional information.

- South Lebanon, OH, USA

Jul 252004

Spectra 4-cyl

At the end of July 2004 my Kia Spectra began to act as if the car was choking and not going to start after I turned on the ignition of the car. I noticed that the car only did this after it had sat for a while (like over night). I took the car to the dealership where I had purchased it a year earlier and they said that there was not any thing wrong with the car it was acting normal. If that is the case then why is it just now starting to act like this and it does not do it all the time. If you ask me I think they just don't want to fix the problem while it is still under warranty. I bet if I where to take the car to the dealer after my warranty has ran out then they would find what is wrong with it because I would have to pay to get it fixed. Guess what farrell Kia of spartanburg I only have 11,500 miles on this 2002 Kia Spectra. By the way the car is still acting like it is about to turn off or choking when I try to start the car sometimes.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA