2003 Kia Spectra windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Spectra:

2003 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Jul 282004

Spectra 4-cyl

My husband was driving 2 car lengths ahead of me and our 2 year old son in his car seat in back. He was driving aprox 50 mph. He was in a 2003 Kia Spectra. The back window blew out. I called Kia customer service they told me there was a warranty up to 60000 miles. We immediately dropped the car off. They said we did something wrong ie hit something threw something ect. They claimed the found a pebble on the back lid (we searched the car) the pebble had the same epoxy found on thier shop floor. They did not replace nor take blame. We were blown off. And scientifically speaking it is almost impossible for a pebble to fly backwards into a rear window and shatter it. There are no over passes or anything in that area.

- Warren, MI, USA