2006 Kia Spectra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Spectra:

2006 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Oct 092009

I got a new car last week.. had all the brakes and fluids, etc. Checked and fixed. Picked it up Friday. Drove to work then was leaving work when my foot got stuck between the gas and brake couldn't get it out when I hit a truck it came loose. I very lucky to be alive. I have marks on top and the side of my foot. I really think it should be looked into because the brake and gas are way to close together.

- Denver, NC, USA

Mar 232008

Spectra 4-cyl

Their is standing water inside the dash I believe. You can smell stagnate water. On warm days car will steam up on inside of windows. You can also hear it moving around. Seems to be quite a bit of water.

- Lynchburg, OH, USA

Mar 022007

Spectra 4-cyl

On March 2, 2007, while driving my 2006 Kia Spectra-5 at high speed on the interstate, the front windshield molding blew out of the track on the drivers side. I came close to having an accident because it scared me beyond words. I reported it to the dealer. The dealer ordered and replaced the molding with new parts. The dealership personnel stated that this was not the first car they had replaced this molding on. Last week, April 8, 2007 the windshield molding popped out again. This time on both sides of the windshield. The molding is still in place along the top of the windshield. The dealer has been notified. The dealer has ordered a new part. I expect to have my car repaired again next week.

- Lake Panasoffkee, FL, USA