2006 Kia Spectra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Spectra:

2006 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Sep 042006

My Kia was bought 7/8/2006 and 8 weeks later the oil light came on while going up a hill I checked the oil and the dip stick didn't have a drop of oil on it. I rubbed my hand on it and there was nothing on my hand. This happened on 09/04/2006(labor day). The car lot was closed so I went to buy oil I put 1 quart in it still showed no oil, the 2nd quart made it reach the dip stick. The oil light never stayed on, which was a problem also. I took the car in the next day and found out the rear main seal was broken and oil was leaking out extremely bad. This car only has 2200 miles on it. When you buy a brand new car off the showroom floor you expect not to have these major problems. I personally think they should have given me another car. Because whose to say that this hasn't caused other problems. I am very dissatisfied. I will never buy another Kia. I can't trade it in because I will loose money.

- Colonial Heights, VA, USA