2006 Kia Spectra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Spectra:

2006 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Mar 052013

The seat belt buckle housing fell apart and with it, the inner workings of the buckle stopped working. No abuse or misuse was involved. We got into the car one day, buckled the buckle and the housing fell apart. It would still buckle for a few days, then all of a sudden it won't accept the seat belt anymore so we had to replace the buckle with a used part from a junk yard. I've read this with a lot of Kia Spectras, and it should be recalled.

- Meridian, MS, USA

Aug 172012

Spectra 4-cyl

I was driving on hwy 40 E approaching exit 153 in heavy rainfall. Approximately 0.25 miles from the exit the truck already on the exit ahead of me began applying its brakes. Pre-braking measures were taken. The wheels locked up and I collided with the truck in front of me and flew forward into the steering wheel. I had been braking the entire time, but my seat-belt did not lock into place. My airbag did not deploy. I suffered bruising, severe headaches, and minor cuts as a result. Insurance declared car as total loss.

- Statesville, NC, USA