3.6

2006 Kia Spectra transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Spectra:

2006 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Apr 012009

Spectra

My clutch started slipping around 36000 miles. I hadn't thought anything about it at first, thinking it was my imagination as I had the car only 3 years. (2006 Kia spectra5. I purchased it at the end of November 2006 with 7 miles on it.). well, 4000 miles later I am told it needs the entire clutch and flywheel replaced. I have driven manual cars for years. The warranty will not cover the replacement ($1300) even though it is 10 yr/100000 miles as they consider the clutch "a wear item". I tried to argue with the dealer that it wasn't wear after just 3 years. I tried to complain to corporate but the number is bogus (800-333-4541). I have replaced the front tires twice in 3 years. Good year Eagle and the brakes twice. It is a front wheel drive.

- Easton, PA, USA