2007 Kia Spectra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Spectra:

2007 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Dec 162008

I was approx. 6 car lengths from car in front of me, when I hit the brakes to slow down, nothing happened. I continued to hit the brakes, forcing them to the floor and still nothing. First instinct was to veer to the right to avoid hitting the car but my steering had a mind of its own, it would not let me turn or stop. My steering wheel air bag did deploy causing damage to my wrist and arm. But the scary feeling of trying to stop with no response was scary. Roads were a little wet but even then with the ABS I should not have been able to put the brake pedal to the floor with no response. I am getting the repair facility to check the brakes.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA