2007 Kia Spectra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Spectra:

2007 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Aug 122014

The contact owns a 2007 Kia Spectra. The contact stated that the rpms revved violently. When depressing the brake pedal, the vehicle jerked without warning. In addition, while driving at any speed, the vehicle surged forward continuously. The failures recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,000.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jun 012011

Spectra 4-cyl

I reported multiple complaints on fuel tank over filling, tank was replaced but problem still exists. Lost of power when driving and exhilaration when trying to stop. Also have problems with engine, engine was replaced but problem still exists.

- New York, NY, USA

May 142014

Spectra 4-cyl

My car was parked, in my driveway, and had ran fine the day before. I went out and started the car but could not get the car out of park and into reverse. I was unable to even roll the car a little by pushing it, which indicates the car was stuck in park with force. I had my neighbor come over and he managed to, with a ton of pressure, put the car in reverse. Seems to not be as hard on a flat surface but my driveway has a slant to it. Put car back in driveway and tried to leave a couple hours later and same issue. I had to purchase aaa and have somebody come out to pull out of park. Looked on line and there's a ton of recalls big mine the 2007 Kia Spectra. Which is the only year not being recalled. I was told, by Kia dealership it was safe to drive but pet my research, no it's not. They want to change for repair yet every other Kia make is recalled.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Dec 062012

Spectra 4-cyl

I didn't know about this website until I realize that my 2007 Kia Spectra ex was not on the list of recall for brake light problem. So I started search for reporting it. I know my affect part is engine, but my husband & I car is falling apart. We don't have the money to have it fix. The engine is the last problem we have had so stall if you go too fast around 55. It stall all the time. My husband stop at a red light it cut off. I believe the company should pay for the problems. They had no problem asking for a large amount of money from us. Both of the problems I stated are dangerous. Please help in doing something.

- Carrollton, GA, USA