2007 Kia Spectra steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Spectra:

2007 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Oct 172014

Spectra

I no longer have the car, so I cannot provide the VIN number at this time. (I can get it, with some work involved). I have pictures of the car after the crash. I live in rural Iowa. Deer start their rut in October. I swerved to miss a deer, on a two lane road. Went down a 40 foot ditch, nose first. Because the bottom of the ditch was a gully, the front of the roof, the hood, the front lights, etc. Were all destroyed. Not one of their airbags deployed. They are not a part of the news round of airbags, but I want this on record. Again, I can supply pictures, and it will be obvious that at least one of the 8 airbags should have deployed. Please, look into the 2007 Kia Spectra's air bags. Look to see if others have had the same problem. I would appreciate it very much. I am not looking for money, I bought the car for my daughter (when she was six, with the ten year warranty, I intended to pass it on to her, when she got her license..... boy am I glad I was involved in the crash, and not her, seeing is how that is the exact reason why I decided to buy the Kia.

- Eldridge, IA, USA

Oct 272014

Spectra 4-cyl

On my way to work I took the same route that I always take. I was going about 25mph and all of a sudden all of the lights came on ( check oil, battery, emergency brake, tire pressure, airbag, and check engine) the steering wheel completely locked up causing my car to swerve right into a community mail box. My windshield is broken, the front passenger side is off and the two passenger side tires are both flat. When I got my car in March of this year three days after I got it it had started doing this I took it back and it was in the shop for more than 3 months. When they had told me this problem was fixed I trusted that they were right but unfortunately it led me to this... the dealership has not returned my phone call and my insurance does not cover for a rental car. I have 2 children and my job does not pay me enough to just pay and get a new car or pay and have this car fixed. I am very unhappy with the responses about this car. Why would these cars be sold to people.

- Ruidoso , NM, USA