3.4

2008 Kia Spectra lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Spectra:

2008 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Jul 292016

Spectra

The right-side passenger brakes lights are not working. All bulbs are good. My cruise control has been working intermittently. As I'm unable to view my brake lights while driving, I'm going to assume that these two problems are occurring at the same time. I believe it is due to a defective brake switch. I tested the cruise control by trying to engage it while driving at 40 mph. It did not engage. When checking the brakes with the car parked in the driveway - they worked intermittently. All wires are in good shape and free from corrosion. I also have a problem with the passenger airbag sensor and reported this to your organization. At the time I reported it there had not been enough complaints for the Spectra, specifically, to receive any help. The problem did exist in high numbers in other Kia models of the same year -2008. Recently, I received notice that the air bag sensor defect has now been recognized and I can have this repair made at the dealership at Kia's expense. I think it is prudent to report this apparent brake switch defect as I notice recalls on other Kia models of the same year as mine - 2008 for brake switch defect.

- Shelter Island Heights, NY, USA

Nov 012015

Spectra

Dashboard airbag light illuminated, and nothing I tried--scanner, calling the dealer, and inspecting it myself--seems to be addressing the issue. I see multiple people are experiencing simpler symptoms. The light illuminates as usual upon ignition and shuts off as normal. It then comes back on around 10 to 20 seconds after the car starts, and it does not shut off until I turn off the car. The it sounds like a warranty issue.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jun 232010

Spectra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Kia Spectra. The contact stated that the cruise control engage light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the stop lamp switch needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer on several occasions for the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The approximate failure mileage was 20,000 and the current mileage was 80,000.

- Hopewell , VA, USA

May 152008

Spectra

When the auto switch for the lights is on sometimes the parking lights will not turn off when the car is turned off and the keys removed. We often have to get back in the car, insert/remove the key, then open/close the door to get the lights to go off. Once, during the day we failed to notice the light on and the battery was completely drained.

- Maumelle, AR, USA

Mar 152008

Spectra

Parking lights sometimes turn on several minutes after removing keys and exiting car, this car has automatic headlights, the switch can be turned off if desired, unlike daytime running lights that are on all the time. We have 2 identical cars and both have the same issue. Dealer checked car out and told us there are no other reports and that we are opening the car door before turning the ignition off and causing the problem. Even though I was sure that was not the case, we took the advice and did as we were instructed. Within a few weeks the problem returned, this time not caught for 15 hours, running the battery down. Dealer has no solution and told us that most people turn the switch off anyway, but this defeats the purpose of automatic headlights. The problem happened 3 times with each car before we left the switch off, neither of us use the lights during the day any longer because of the problem.

- Rochester, NY, USA