2008 Kia Spectra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Spectra:

2008 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Jul 292010

Intentionally T-boned and side impact airbags didn't deploy. Now my airbag light is on.

- Loudon, TN, USA

Jan 042010

On January 4th 2010 at 4:30am another driver pushed me off the road. And my 2008 Kia Spectra flew up a hill hit two trees at full speed then with full force hit a telephone pole. When my car hit the little hill only my drivers air bag deployed how ever I was still going about 49 mph. During this time of hitting trees some how my seat belt came out of the locking mechanism. After my stay in the hospital I went to see the car and none and I mean none of my side air bag had gone off when they should have. The back of my car went around a telephone pole and the rear air bags did not go off. The air bags in my seat did not go off I have permanent short term memory loss. All and all these Kia Spectra''s and all Kia's should not be allowed on the road in 2008 I was in a car wreck at my fault at 40 mph and my drivers air bag did not go off and my seat belt did not lock up.

- Coal Township , PA, USA