1.3

1998 Kia Sportage miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Kia Sportage:

1998 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Oct 092015

Sportage

My steering column doesn't lock when I turn off the engine. It has also started failing to start but when we jumpstart it it responds immediately. I have learned; that sometimes if I rock it or push it a few feet it will start right up too. It acts almost like a vapor lock because the engine is warm and just doesn't start after having set for an hour. Almost like a short or disconnect. Additionally the blower motor seems to have died too. Heat/ac works, just doesn't distribute. I'm wondering if there's a recall on either of these since they seem to be electrical or wiring harness issues.

- N. Charleston, SC, USA

Apr 022010

Sportage

Sway bar had broken off from half of the frame.it was found the frame has rotted most of the way through in the backend of vehicle on both sides. I was told the back end could break off from vehicle at any moment.

- Keene, NH, USA