1998 Kia Sportage suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Kia Sportage:

1998 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Feb 192002

First time I brought the car back was because the engine light went on and I had a oil leakage in the engine. Car started to shake even after it was hot and made a weird noise in the engine. The motor rr window was not working and the brakes were making some weird noise. Brought to the dealer to fix and he sent it to Kia for repair, the Kia crew found the front caliper frozen, but the customer denied to fix it. So I brought it to a specialist to check double check the car. They found the following defects and found the car unsafe (caliper rgt worn, frozen, caliper hardware worn, wheel cyl rgt- new/kit leaky, shoe hardware worn, C.V. boot/joint rfo/rfi/lfo/lfi worn, coil springs front broken rr broken, ball joints/lower L worn). I spoke with the dealer because I still had warranty and told him I didn't want the car it was giving me hard times already and only having it at that time for not even a month. As I would drive I would have to release the gas, because it would start to shake and felt as if it was going to shut off. **dimsii IVOQ entry posted after 12/12/02 cut-over to artemis****760758

- Chelsea, MA, USA