8.0

$2,000.00

1. don't but a Kia (1 reports)
1999 Kia Sportage miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Kia Sportage:

1999 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Jan 062006

Sportage SRS

From week one out of the used car dealership, I experienced problems with the Rpm Guage. Brought it in twice and they said "nothing is wrong with it", then all the sudden it completly stops working. I was then directed to go see a "kia" service dept. rep to find out what exactly was wrong. I was told by Kia that the gauge needed to be replaced at a cost of $398.00. I told the place I bought the vehicle from and they said it was my responsibility to pay for any repairs not theirs. Then I bring my vehicle back because everytime I drive on the highway the vehicle is not downshifting and when at brake at high speeds the rotors are bouncing. Aparently they cut my rotors but said again they could see problem with it's driving performance. A few months later my entire dash board of components completly stops working, now the computer chip is shot and needs to be replaced. Then a week later my sway bar snaps, then all of a sudden my power steering fluid resevoir keeps emptying and now it takes me anywhere from 2 to 7 turn overs at anytime durring the day to start my truck. The thing is a complete headache piece of sh--! I would never buy a kia or recommend one to anyone. By the way get this I owe more that my vehicle is worth, that's how much of a hunk of crap they are and I've only had this for one year.

- , Waltham, MA, USA