7.2

2002 Kia Sportage fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Sportage:

2002 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Jul 072015

Sportage

I have to pump gas, in my wife's car, slower than a snail. I am unable to even get it to pump with the handle in the first locking location. If it is pumped halfway fast, the handle stops and gas squirts back out onto the car, as well as all over the ground. You can agree with my frustration, the first time it happened, just happened to be going to an important meeting, and then I had the NICE aroma of gas all over me! I have seen several concerns/comments about this problem, but I have yet to see anyone respond with even half a solution.

- , Thomasville, NC, USA

Oct 012014

Sportage

I bought this car used in 2014 when the temperature was really cold out. That's when I noticed it but when its warm it didn't do it. Well now its doing it warm and cold. Plus now my fuel pump went out. What a pain.

- , Knoxville, IA, USA

Feb 102009

Sportage LX 4

JUST FOUND OUT ON LINE THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR(2002).I LOVE THIS CAR. MY HUSBAND BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR ME, BUT ITS BEEN A PROBLEM WITH PUMPING GAS. EVERY TIME I PUT SOME GAS IN IT, IT SHOOTS OUT ON THE GROUND, AND GAS IS TOO HIGH.

I ALSO HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE REAR END,SOME IT POPS AND MAKE NOISE.I JUST BOUGHT SOME NEW BRAKE SHOES, BECAUSE OF THE GRINDING THAT I HEAR COMING FROM THE BACK WHEEL. EVERYONE I ASK TO PUT THEM ON ACTS LIKE BECAUSE IT IS A KIA, THAT ITS HARD TO BE DONE.

- , Franklinton, NC, USA

Feb 162013

Sportage

2002 Kia Sportage. It takes a long time to pump gas because you have to pump slowly. Otherwise gas pours back out. We all need to complain to Kia so they will do a recall on it and fix it for us.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 202011

Sportage Limited 2.4L

The gas flows up and out of fuel delivery when pumping gasoline. If you have a 2002 Kia Sportage any models . Are you tired of pumping gas and loosing money while its pumping on the paint job of your car or evening spills on your clothing! please fix the problems by your complaints is needed fed up in Florida......I think that they need to make fuel system larger at the delivery entrance.

- , St.Augustine, FL, USA