2005 Kia Sportage body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Sportage:

2005 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Mar 062008

Sportage

I have a 2005 Kia Sportage. The headliner and sun visors and the back are a cloth material - the rest is leather. The problem is little tiny black fibers are coming through the tan colored headliner etc. There fibers are coming through in abundance, laying on the dash board and console. It can be cleaned one day and the fibers are there again the next. These fibers are very very small. They are also getting on my skin - they itch and stick to my skin. The primary concern is that these fibers are so small, and I know that I am breathing them in. Have you had other complaints about this. I have consulted the dealer and they are waiting for the main warranty dept to get back to them - in the mean time I am concerned about my health - please advise.

- Tucson, AZ, USA