2006 Kia Sportage brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Sportage:

2006 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Dec 302015

Right after christmas and before new year's eve I received a phone call from a lady stating she was a Kia representative. My vehicle was part of the recall for the brake switch. About ten days after the call my brake lights would no longer go out even when the vehicle had been sitting still overnight. Than about 3-5 days later my ESC off light came on and now always stay on when the car is being driven. This past weekend I sent a service request online for the brake switch issue to be fixed. I did bunch of research and found out that the brake switch was the one causing the other issues and still can cause more. On 2/1/16 a Kia service employee called and left a message stating that the recall didn't apply to may car. Later on that same day my cruise control stopped working. From all the research I did the brake switch is the cause for all three problems I'm having now. What I don't understand is how can other 2006 Kia Sportages who have had the same issue like me is covered but my car is not.

- Bartlett, TN, USA

Apr 262014

Sportage 6-cyl

As of Saturday my brake lights would not shut off, then I noticed while driving the electronic stability control light kept flashing on and off by itself. And the cruise control was not working properly as well. So I got online to investigate this and found there was a recall for this exact problem with my year and model car. But when I called Kia they stated that my car was not part of the recall and that I would have to pay out of pocket for the repairs, even though my make model was recalled and my car was doing the same thing that was recalled.

- Warren, OH, USA