2006 Kia Sportage drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Sportage:

2006 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Nov 082014

Sportage 4-cyl

I am writing this letter, in hopes of receiving some type of direct assistance from your Agency on these safety related deceptive automotive dealers, who continue to play with the life, death and safety of many consumers like myself, it seem like the better business bureau (BBB), is constantly being held powerless, when it comes to consumers complaint(s), those dealership are always given the go ahead and then permitted to carry on these deceptive life threatening safety practices, whenever complaints are file and forwarded to that dealership, they then intentionally fail to comply by being unresponsive within the allowed time given, by BBB calculating the cases will then be drop, discarded, and store away/closed never to be heard from again other to be used as reference for the general public to see the business rating in the BBB web page. What is actually happening; these dealers are purchasing unsafe vehicles within the wholesale automotive (damage and disabled) market, turning around, and cosmetically touching them up and placing them on their lot to be sold and eventually place them back on the road without the consumer ever aware they are sitting in a unsafe dangerous drivable vehicle until it¿'s too late. Some of these discrepancies are much larger, especially when the customer is being discriminated against due to gender, and can¿¿T do much about it, because the dealer, now has pitch the issue that the vehicle is safe and has been sold as is clearly forgetting the fact, when this was done with a concealment concept of deception by saying sign here sign there, implying and passing along during the signing process, if any of these hidden malfunctioning problem(s) are discovered within thirty days, contact me personally, then those found issues will be immediately repair. Not enough move to finish this statement.

- Wellington , FL, USA

Jan 222011

Sportage 4WD 4-cyl

Transmission was slipping in first and second gear. So I went to the dealer and they told me I needed a trans. Ok, I bought a used trans because they said I could"nt get a new one. Well as soon as I pulled out on to the road after they installed the trans it started to do the same thing it was doing when I took it in the first time. Well, they told me they had to put it on the computer to reset it. Well that worked. My problem is that I asked them if they could reset it when I first took it to them and they said no. Well why did they reset it the second time and not the first time? I think I bought a trans that I did"nt need in the first place. Now I have 174,441miles on my car. At the time I got the trans I had 146,740. Now at 27701 miles later it starting to do the same thing it was doing the very first time. I think I got taken.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA