2006 Kia Sportage suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Sportage:

2006 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Mar 262015

Sportage 4-cyl

Vehicle was involved in a head on collision with another vehicle which was traveling approximately 30 mph. The vehicle was declared totaled due to the extensive front end damage. The airbag sensor was damaged and the airbags never deployed.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Aug 202014

Traveling 60 mph, on highway (pa turnpike extension) near allentown, pa. Front end started vibrating, another driver warned me to pull over, wheels wobbling. Front left control arms completely rusted through and cracked. There's been Kia recalls for this, but Kia has refused ownership of this defect on Sportage. They denied covering all or part of this $500 repair + towing + loss of use. We live 2.5 hrs. Away from incident. This is a highly dangerous issue! (I am 54, have owned many cars. Have never experience a rusted though suspension part.) Kia did issue a "voluntary service campaign" which we received 6/14, to address Sportage needing additional anti corrosion under vehicle in states that use salt on roads. We have requested Kia to reconsider covering this defect.

- Brackney, PA, USA

Nov 142013

Sportage 4-cyl

Took 2006 Kia Sportage for yearly pa inspection, mechanic found both front control arms are rusted, in danger of breaking and must be replaced for state inspection/safety. Today, 11/21/13, Kia announced a recall for suspension control arm rusted/safety only on the 2006, etc., sedona vans. Why not include all 2006 Kia models? there are already complaints filed that suspension failures occurred on 2006 Sportages.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Aug 192013

Sportage 4WD 4-cyl

Driving on interstate I-84 West when I heard a loud noise from the rear of my car. I pulled off just before I was going to turn onto the taconic parkway going North to albany (I live in albany county, NY). I slowly pulled my car onto the taconic to get out of the massive traffic. I looked under the rear of the car and saw that the control arm of the strut on the driver's side had rusted through completely and broken. The control arm on the passenger side was also rusted through and would have broken as well.

- East Berne, NY, USA