5.9

2008 Kia Sportage engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Sportage:

2008 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Sep 242010

Sportage

I purchased a Kia Sportage 2008 Aug of 2010 about 1 month after purchasing I noticed the ESC light that came on, when this light comes on the engine forces itself to do more work, the car won't go more then 40mph, I took the car to the dealer they said it was fixed, 2 months later it happened again, here we are 1yr later and it's still happening. The dealer I take it to tells me "this always happens this type of car" and know the battery light is coming on at the same time the ecs light is coming on. I have an appt. To go to the dealer back on Monday for the same problem and I'm still getting no answers.

- Morristown, NJ, USA

Apr 102010

Sportage 4WD 6-cyl

I recently purchased a 2008 Kia Sportage at an auction. It has sustained an engine compartment fire that appears to have been caused by the wiring harness and / or ABS pump. This is the LX model with 2.7 V6 automatic 4WD. I just saw another Sportage 2010 model that had a fire in the same ABS pump area at an auction. Thought you might be interested as there seems to be a problem..

- Brownsville, PA, USA