1. replaced gas cap (1 reports)
2008 Kia Sportage engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Sportage:

2008 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Jun 092011

Sportage 4 Door V6

I got a 2008 Kia Sportage brand new in 2008.One month after I bought it the transmission had to be replaced then a part in the air conditioner. Ok Kia fixed it but didn't put a brand new transmission in it , it was a rebuilt one. Later down the road the engine light and tire pressure light kept coming on. Kia service kept telling me it could be this or this but they weren't sure. They fooled me til my warranty ran out then made me pay $94.50 to pt it on a computer. First mechanic said no codes showed up then he told another mechanic codes showed up but still didn't fix it. Kept saying I had to put over $1,000 in it for the maintenance work. Finally someone told me there that it was the gas cap that needed replaced but the mechanic wasn't allowed to tell me that cause that's how they make the money. I went and bought a gas cap at an auto store for $12 and the light went off. How bout that. Service guys at Kia are ripping people off.

- , Smithsburg, MD, USA